Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Am Tamed. Or Not.

"What does that means - 'tame'?"

"It is an act too often neglected." "It means to establish ties."

"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. Any you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique to all the world..."


"Please - tame me!"

"I want to, very much," "But I have no much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand."

"One only understands the things that one tames," "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you wan a friend, tame me..."

"What must I do, to tame you?"

"You must be very patient," "First you will sit down at a little distance from me - like that - in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, everyday..."

"It would have been better to come back at the same hour," "For example, you come at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to be happy. I shall feel happier as the hour advances. At four o'clock, I shall already be worrying and jumping about. I shall show you how happy I am! But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready to great you...One must observe the proper rites..."



Out of boredom, i read the book for the second time, a book for children. Having thought that i am not the little girl I used to be anymore, I proved myself wrong. This time, the lines mean so much to me...


x


I nearly thought it's a spam at first, as i saw your name appear in the Inbox. Randomly two lines, but i have no hint of what's behind. I decided to pretend as i didn't see, just like how you have pretended to be nice to me.

6 comments:

eunicetan said...

stephy! i miss you!

Steph said...

Aw...You know i miss you too ><

eunicetan said...

5t5t come back sayang sayang me and pat pat my head pleaseeee <333

xenac said...

"What must I do, to tame you?"

hehehe.

1. feed me coffee, ciggs and chocos.
2. smile:)

(actually step 1 is unecessary, cause step 2 is more than enough)

and oh, my dear foxy couz, is it a pre-requisite for boys to be shirtless in a room with you? i kurang "muscles" to show off.

=P

Steph said...

Dearly cousin, no u don't have to be shirtless ><

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.